In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and world-class customer experience. We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping - and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
In this role, you’ll lead your team in bringing extensive product and brand knowledge to pair with exceptional people skills, and provide our customers with an experience they’ve never had before at a mattress store. We’ve created a culture that fosters and encourages the unconventional, the unexpected. We’ve made a promise to ourselves and to our customers to remain true to our values of honesty and transparency in all aspects of our business. We want our retail experience to follow suit, and you get to be a part of that delivery.
As the Arrowhead Store Lead you will be on building a strong team and ensuring that your team members are growing and developing in each of their roles. In addition to people-related responsibilities, you’ll manage store operations, inventory and team-related events.
- Hire, mentor, train, and develop the team members who work out of the retail store/office
- Determine the schedule and staffing needs of our store
- Manage P&L and store performance
- Manage retail issues related to the store and lease
- Develop new programs for the local city such as new delivery services and community events
- Partner closely with HQ to ensure the experience and culture of the team aligns with that of the overall company
- Work closely with the engineering team and our suppliers when relevant issues arise to diagnose and find solutions to major problems
- Develop new customer experience programs that set Tuft & Needle apart (e.g. reaching out to new customers, following up with influencers, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience in leadership roles with direct management responsibilities for teams of 5 or more
- Retail store experience a plus (either working in a retail store or managing one)
- A strong passion for providing a revolutionary experience to our customers in stores and online
- Flexibility to travel periodically throughout the year to company events, HQ, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Passionate about learning and development, no-task-too-small approach
You'll sleep well when you work with us
Our people: You'll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We're very proud to work with each other. We're shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product: Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at email@example.com