Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Arrowhead Towne Center
- Alternative forms of transportation are used whenever possible for parking lot security patrols and maintenance.
- Energy efficient lighting protocols minimize energy use and lower our carbon footprint without impacting the shopping experience.
- Mixed recycling compactors help reduce un-needed waste in landfills.
- Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies are utilized throughout the Center.
- Occupancy sensors are installed in employee areas to ensure that lights are off while the rooms are not in use.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.